Apply for Extra Help
Receive monetary help to lower the costs of your prescription drugs.
What is Medicare Extra Help?
- lowers the cost of your prescription drugs
- eliminates any Part D late enrollment penalty
- and pays up to a benchmark amount toward your prescription drug plan premium
Depending on your income and assets, you may qualify for full or partial assistance. In order for you to receive assistance, your prescriptions must be on your plan’s formulary. Medicare Extra Help is not a replacement for Part D or a plan in of itself, it works to supplement your Part D plan.
Find Out if You Qualify
- If your monthly income is less than $1,615 in 2020 ($2,175 for couples), and your assets are below specified limits, you may be eligible for Extra Help.
- If you are enrolled in Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or a Medicare Savings Program (MSP), you automatically qualify for Extra Help, regardless of whether you meet Extra Helps’ eligibility requirements.
- Money in checking & savings accounts
Non-countable resources (source):
- Your home
- Personal belongings
- One car
- Burial Plot
Fill Out the Application